Welcome to our web site!
Kinneveds hembygdsförening = the local historical society of Kinneved parish. Kinneved is situated 10 km south of Falköping town in Västra Götaland, Sweden. In the area is the village Kinnarp-Slutarp. We have some megalitic tombs and a 12th century church. The population is about 2,000.
About the web site
At our web site you can find the following:
- För släktforskare = for genealogists. Here you´ll find Kinnevedsfolk which is a compilation from the church books of almost every person who lived here between 1713 and 1945, their families and what happened to them. The material is diveded into pdf files according to at which place the persons lived. Look at the contents board in the pdf file Inledning to find the place you´re looking for. In Födda = born, and Döda = dead, you´ll find plain transcripts from the church books.
- At Våra grannar = our neighbours, you´ll find the same as Kinnevedsfolk for our neighbour parishes Brismene, Luttra and Vårkumla.
- Skolfoton = school pictures, and Konfirmationsfoton = confirmation pictures. Here you´ll find photos of classes from about 1895 to 1975.
- Program = calender. Here we write about the activities we´ve planned for the year.
- "Gravstensinventering" = tomb stone inventory. Here you´ll find photos and data of all the tomb stones at the Kinneved cemetery.
Please contact us if there´s anything you want to know! firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in genealogy and want to study for example Kinnevedsfolk you need to know some Swedish words and abbreviations:
- f = född = born
- d (in front of date) = död = dead
- d (in front of name) = dotter = daughter
- dtr (at the end of a name - for example Andersdtr) = dotter = daughter
- s = son = son
- gm = gift med = married to
- från = from
- till = to
All numbers in italics means that you can read about the person in question on that page too.
All dates are written as YYYYMMDD.
Last updated 2012-01-06